AIM
Vorneus

Phabetal (Version 1.2) Phabetal (Version 1.2)

Hmm.

It's a nice idea for a game, and certainly novel. Unfortunately, it's possibly the worst design for an interface I could've ever come up with. No doubt this was part of the idea of the game - to get players to hit lots of different keys. Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing, although I find this kind of thing annoying. The most annoying part for me was actually going through the tutorial at the start, using the space and d keys, and attempting to take in the vast amount of information thrown at me in tiny text boxes one after the other.

It might have been better to write a simple page with a click button for the next piece of information, but I got there in the end.

muddasheep responds:

I know the tutorial is a very weak spot, and I want to redo it for the next version.

Thanks for the constructive criticism! Very helpful. (:

old wink game thing old wink game thing

Very very good.

Encountered a few bugs as you've written in your comments, so I wasn't bothered about it particularly.

The makings of a very, very good game. I like the Metal Gear Solid style of gameplay :)

Pod Bots Pod Bots

I can see where you were going with this, but.

Augh. It just played awfully.

Decorating Christmas Decorating Christmas

Very festive :)

Makes a change from your usual drag and drop decorating game. Very nicely done.

The Core 2 The Core 2

Very nice game.

Made my eyes go a little funny after a while, but I liked it. I liked the fresh colours and the rotating spheres. Not really seen a similar style to it here on Newgrounds, hence the high style rating.

The music fitted very well with the type of game, but it did annoy me after a while. Perhaps a mute button for the next version?

Hardcore mode was definitely the most fun, as the other modes were lacking in things to do. I liked the missiles, and the boron.. thing, can't remember what it was called. Both a nice touch - perhaps expand on the amount of gadgets you can use in the next installment? Keep it futuristic to fit with the game :) If you were to make weapons more of a feature in the game, you might look into enemy/bad cores with differing strengths and perhaps dangers/weapons of their own. A flight of weapon upgrade "steps" much like in SpaceInvaders clones. Start with cannons, a powerup then takes you to lasers, and on and on. Perhaps the ship could be allowed to move forward and backwards? No rotation still, just strafing. Let me know what you think, hope that helped. -Ed

NeverStrikesTwice responds:

i will talk to you later about a 3rd one... you have aim... expect to hear from me

Mad World v2.0 Mad World v2.0

Ok.

Yeah, it was ok. Controls were a little too sensitive, which I found annoying. It wasn't bad, but it got old really REALLY fast. Definitely not "just totally awesome" as the author claims.

-Ed

Defend Your Castle (Full) Defend Your Castle (Full)

Good.

This was a good, original, solid submission. I've never seen this kind of game before; that might be because there hasn't been one, or it might be because I'm not as geeky as I should be. Either way, I liked it. Graphics were very simple, but did the job. I wouldn't have minded a bit more sound, as things were a bit bare in that respect. The purchasing of new items made the game more playable, but I lost interest pretty fast as the game gets rather samey. It's good, but not top 10 in the Portal good, in my opinion.

Crazy Shooter Crazy Shooter

Ehhh.

Click and shoot. That's about the deepest this game goes. The targets are repetitive, the music is annoying, and there are only a select few sound effects and a very small simple background. Make it better.

GTA 3 beta 1.1 GTA 3 beta 1.1

Eh.

Nothing new, rigid gameplay and poor sounds. This isn't work downloading.

The LOVE Quiz The LOVE Quiz

Bahahaha.

That was fucking great. I laughed my ass off, although I'm not sure why. I think it was a mixture of the random sounds and obscure questions that did it. Good work.