AIM
Vorneus

LUCKY DAY FOREVER LUCKY DAY FOREVER

I haven't written a review in many years on Newgrounds, but felt compelled to log in and do so after watching this short film.

It is by far and away the best piece of creative work I've seen on Newgrounds, not just because of its well thought out plot, but its artwork, cinematography, sound and animation.

Congratulations on a truly excellent animated short.

Billys Big Day Billys Big Day

Hmm.

I know a lot of work must've gone into this. It's well put together, effects are good and animation is good. Trouble is, I just didn't find it funny AT ALL. I'm all for retarded humour, stupid humour, in fact most kinds of humour. Everything was just so slow and obvious that I didn't lough even once. Seemed to me like the main character was basically trying to be Blockhead (whom I love), and the other guy was the equivalent of his conscience - calling him a dumbass all the time and such. It just didn't work though.

Star Wars: Rebel Alliance Star Wars: Rebel Alliance

Very good.

BUT. The quality of sound really, really got to me I'm afraid. Very good to watch though, good job :)

-Ed

Phabetal (Version 1.2) Phabetal (Version 1.2)

Hmm.

It's a nice idea for a game, and certainly novel. Unfortunately, it's possibly the worst design for an interface I could've ever come up with. No doubt this was part of the idea of the game - to get players to hit lots of different keys. Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing, although I find this kind of thing annoying. The most annoying part for me was actually going through the tutorial at the start, using the space and d keys, and attempting to take in the vast amount of information thrown at me in tiny text boxes one after the other.

It might have been better to write a simple page with a click button for the next piece of information, but I got there in the end.

muddasheep responds:

I know the tutorial is a very weak spot, and I want to redo it for the next version.

Thanks for the constructive criticism! Very helpful. (:

old wink game thing old wink game thing

Very very good.

Encountered a few bugs as you've written in your comments, so I wasn't bothered about it particularly.

The makings of a very, very good game. I like the Metal Gear Solid style of gameplay :)

Pod Bots Pod Bots

I can see where you were going with this, but.

Augh. It just played awfully.